Its been a while since I wrote! It is to the extent that I have forgotten that i have a space in blogspot where I have mused and penned down over the years. In the world of youtube shorts and instagram reels where does a written piece stand ?? I do have thoughts like these! But there are some who when I have met them told me, hey do u still write ? I do follow your blog, thanks to those kind souls. A blog is sometimes focussed on something specific isnt it ? technology or food or travel ? But what is my blog? ..Just some random stuff ! Maybe that is what I should have called it! - Just some random stuff.
The other day we were randomly discussing airlines when I remembered the first ever flight I had taken. A domestic Jet Airways flight within India . What has stuck to my memory about that journey is the flavored strawberry yoghurt I got to try for the first time on board. I probably paid more attention to the safety instructions by the air hostess than any lecture i had attended in my university days. I would have passed with flying colors and gotten the top score on that flight if someone had tested the passengers on how to inflate a life jacket or use an oxygen mask. Oh yes my first flight was after I graduated during my first year at work. I also paid full attention to exactly figure out the point in time and space when the wheels left the ground and the vehicle was afloat. I still enjoy watching city lights just after take off and just when we are about to land.
Now do you even call a plane a vehicle? Had to google to clarify that , yes a plane is a vehicle indeed and though we do have a lot of search engines, google is the one that sort of became a verb too that we are all used to these days. Coming to that will chat gpt become a verb someday ? I wonder ! I also have added the fact to my worldly knowledge that if someone carried a cat across the room , the person becomes a vehicle too !( that was from Quora ) . Since I have done that many times I am a vehicle too !
What if a person carrying a cat is actually inside a plane? Then its a vehicle carrying a vehicle carrying a cat! And what if this particular plane is on a huge ship and is slightly taxiing before take off. What a nested vehicle set up that would be !

Your post resonates a lot... Have a blog but seldom post. if i post who will read... from participating in daily blogging challenges to making just 2-3 posts a year, its stays quiet for most part of the year. But i still like reading my own old posts... loved reading your 1st flight exp.. the firsts are always special...
ReplyDeleteWhile I was going through my feed reader I saw your name, clicked on it, and stumbled on this post. Good to see your post after a long long time.
ReplyDeleteI can see that it has been nearly three years since you put put up your last post! That's indeed a very long break.
I got into a flight for the first time when I was in my late 30s. It was an official trip to Singapore.
Thought with which you end the post is indeed interesting!
Hello Jaish, Happy to see you back in this space. For the old times, i do visit few of old bloggers space just to see if they still write and unfortunately most of them stopped!!!
ReplyDeleteHope to see you write more...
btw, i hear the paradox, nice post