Sunday, September 20, 2026

Raja rocks !!!

 I went through some of my posts from a decade ago. I can't sonehow believe that I am the one who penned all those words. It was such a nice community where people shared thoughts and information and anecdotes and snippets of life. Looking back and posts and many of the comments I have received brings about a beautiful joy. Like turning on the radio and it plays some song from your childhood. You remember the lyrics, the tune and where you were when you heard it the first time. You feel a strange happiness. Music has the power to do it.

Last year we had been to an Ilayaraja concert. At 82 years of age, that maestro stood on stage for almost 3 hours conducting and producing a magical evening with his music. He has now released a new cine-album in Tamil - Dorothy .  The music is making huge waves. People are sort of bored with repetitive loud music with tough to fathom lyrics and so called peppy numbers that seem to follow a stereotypical format. Then here comes our magician with music that in some ways triggers nostalgia. A genius remains a genius !! 

To reach that height and greatness , its part in born talent and part world-taught knowledge but above all dedication and consistency. The kind of magic he is displaying as an octogenarian  makes one absolutely awestruck ! And here we are in a much younger age group and spending our days complaining about a million things under the sun ! 

I have always found his music soulstirring. It kind of touches us very deeply and triggers a multitude of emotions. Sometimes it gives us moments where we just lose ourselves and become one with the notes. That is the absolute mark of a genius . 



No comments:

Post a Comment