Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Horse,Fish and a Tiny Art Teacher

I have a disastrous little ball of energy at home that keeps running around wreaking havoc all over the place. This little bundle that bears quite a chunk of my genetic wiring a.k.a my son is an animal world afficionado.

Some of the very first words he started uttering are cat,dog...'Well all kids do that' I can almost hear you comment...Let me complete Rhino,Dinosaur, Elephant, Giraffe and believe it or not Iguana and porcupine.

Sometimes it was disaster, like in front of all our relatives I would ask 'Darling, whats amma's name?' and he would reply without thought 'Rhino' ! That was when he was just learning to talk and did not actually get what I was asking. Nevertheless, damage is a damage is a damage!!

His favorite toys are a set of miniature plastic animals which can keep him occupied for hours at a stretch.



 Another of his ardent interests is drawing and coloring. I have a three-year old interiror designer who has uniquely split the walls of my home into two sections, the top half pristine white and the bottom - Well not exactly half, whatever is reachable to his 104 cm height is full of products of his vivid imagination and some abstract art that I am still trying to decipher.

His favorite as of now is what he calls a horse.


Not just to my 'Oh My SOn Is Such An Artist' proud-mommy's eyes, quite a few people think that it does look like a horse but a modern-art version of it. And yes, it has around ten legs.

I went to a parents teachers meeting and the teacher showed me his worksheets from class. Irrespective of the nature of the sheet - Shapes, Alphabets, etc every sheet bears this trademark symbol of his. There is one sheet which had a white,yellow,blue and red versions of this horse.

What took me by absolute surprise and left me a little open-mouthed with amazement was something he did when we were writing alphabets on his little black board at home.

He wrote an A first and then attached a tail and an eye and said 'Fish'

Nobody actually taught him that. Its something he discovered on his own and taught to dumbo mommy. How to Draw a Fish From an A. I beamed with pride at my 3-yr old little art teacher!

35 comments:

  1. Lovely post Jaish..:-) My kiddu also love drawing..The toughest thing here is he wants me to find out the picture..:-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi

      So far Vidyut tells us what he is drawings are and so not so tough yet :)

      Delete
  2. @ RHINO :P
    Lol.... cute post :)
    it reminds of my niece, universally kids of this era are Einsteins by birth :)
    May be in future his taste may change, but these memoirs of past will make us to have a smile and sigh...
    loved it...
    BuBu- its the name my niece has given me, i am still searching it's meaning :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Deepak I mean Bubu :) Boys generally like cars bikes etc...Vidyut is totally obsessed with the animal world and I doubt if his taste would change! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute:) The li'l one might be a genius in the making...God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice...some times kids imaginations are amazing. I liked the horse...very cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Cute isnt it? Its cutely sitting on my wall at home ha ha! Thanks for the comments :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely blog...Your li'l kiddo is amazingly creative...and now we know from where he got it, jaish :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha Thanks so much :) He does not look a lot like me though! :)

      Delete
  6. I like the way you write, Jaish:) And your son is so "interesting." I would love to play with him. I remember one's friend's son--a lot like yours. A 4 year old boy, he responds to his mother's question on what he would like for lunch in this way: "I will take a shower and think over my options." I have a feeling ur lil brat is not only going to be embarrassingly creative and very articulate in his words:) Give him my love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bhavana

    That was one of the best comments I have received, Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic... they fish with an A... little budding artist there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jaish, lovely post. Your son seems to be a prodigy in art :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Rajesh. Like any mom it feels so good when someone says like that :D

      Delete
  11. Such a cute post Jaish :) I hope that the love little Vidyut has for animals remains intact. And drawing a fish from an A was a master-stroke. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I hope so too Akshay. I really want to support it as much as I can but dont know how long it will last :)

      Delete
  12. Very engrossing post Jaish! Lots of good wishes to your little art teacher:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suresh. Its holidays for my art teacher now and my house is brimming with art at the moment :)

      Delete
  13. Awesome! I bet these are some days you will never forget as you grow older! Keep'em memories! Cherish the moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Danny, I try to record these beautiful moments as much as I can using photos, journals, this blog etc....But time is running too fast and my little one seems to have grown so much in the blink of an eye :)

      Delete
  14. so you have a Pablo Picasso at home. sounds cool!! why don't you create a blog for him where he can publish his works. all of us will vote and comment :)

    hey this one is a brilliant post. i became a fan of your writing after reading your gavaskar-border and bungee jumping posts. and i will always be a fan if you continue to write like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debajyoti

      Thanks for that wonderful comment. I am so overwhelmed getting it from a superb writer like you.

      And a separate blog for Vidyut? Sounds Cool...Thanks for the idea :)

      Delete
  15. I enjoyed reading about what your budding artist son does. His modern-art kind of creations look quite interesting. The fish and the horse are indeed nice. And, I laughed loud about what is your name -- rhino? Is he watching a lot of Nat Geo or Discovery. My elder son who is now 10 used to remember all brands and their logos at the age of 3. He could recognize every model of car, and we would regularly find strangers gaping when he could point at a car or a logo and say what it was! We used to find that very humorous. I guess it is these little incidents that make their childhood so adorable :). Enjoy his drawing till he switches gears onto some other activity :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachna

    Thanks for the comment. One of my relative's kids used to be just like your son. He used to name every car model and make just like looking at it :) Each little one is a prodigy in his own sweet way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaa....kids end up being ten times smarter than us!! I gifted my 2 year old nephew an 'angry birds' bag. He asked me whats on it and I said 'Bird'. He looked at it for a bit and said 'Gussa!'.

    Intelligent, I tell you!

    Cute post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shreya

      Very True. Or may be we just stop being smart once adulthood creeps in ha ha. Thanks for the comment :D

      Delete
  18. How adorable is that! That does like a horse to me (like the back of it's head). And the fish...this boy is a genius. You have a lot to be proud of, Jaish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D.N , In the early years these kiddos are at their adorable best :D

      Delete
  19. Haha!...Kids are really adorable...and I really love those sketches he drew!

    ReplyDelete