Sunday, April 15, 2018

M for Magenta

Magenta is a purplish pink color. It's a color that finds unique place among silk sarees especially Kanchivarams.

I love sarees and silk sarees oh my ! They are my prized possessions . In South Indian Hindu weddings our bridal wear is mainly lovely Kanchivaram sarees .  I remember the fun I had shopping for my wedding hopping from one Saree shop to another .

There is an elegance that Saree gives to the person wearing it . It's a dresswear that will always fit you whether you grow fat or thin.

I think carrying yourself in a Saree is an art in itself . It should not look like you are somehow managing it...it should be a part of you that comfortably glides along with you .

I am always on the look out for occasions when I can drape a Saree .  Temple visits , parties , functions I never let go of an opportunity



4 comments:

  1. Wearing saree is cool, I mean for women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, magenta, is one of the four colours that combine to give the colour on a page of a newspaper or magazine. The other three are: cyan, yellow and black.
    My next post - http://bit.ly/Malapropism

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE magenta! I wish I had more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sarees the look in a saree will beat even the most expensive lehenga or cocktail dress but I dont drape it much and hence its a hassle to manage https://akswrites.com/2018/04/17/oh-my-god-atozchallenge-blogchattera2z/

    ReplyDelete